Skip to main content

Taqwiyatul hifz and tips

Lately re-memorising Juz 29, is a challenge for me. Also some Sura felt heavy for my heart. My teacher said it can be syaithan and their initiatives to prevent me from continuing hifz. Just don't pay heed to it.


Anyway, I've read this somewhere so long time ago, n recently it appeared again in sites I browse thru. 


Solat Sunnat 4 rakaat of Taqwiyatul hifz. Unsure if this is sahih hadith or such practice were done in Prophet pbuh time or even his companions' time peace be upon them all.... 

Done preferably every Friday night in 3,5,7 times. 

4 rakaat Sunnah with 2 Salam (tahiyat akhir so 2x2)

- 1st rakaat recite Yasin

-2nd rakaat recite Ad-Dukhan

-3rd rakaat recite As-Sajdah

-4th rakaat recite Al-Mulk. 

And lastly there is supplication to aid us in memorising the Quran. U can Google them. 

" O Allāh, have mercy upon me, so that I always abstain from sinful deeds as long as I am alive,

be kind to me so that I do not toil in vain pursuits and bless me with solace in that which pleases You. 


O Allāh, the

Originator of the heavens and the earth, Master of Glory and Honor, Lord of such Majesty, the attainment of which

cannot even be conceived. 


O Allāh, the Most Beneficent, I pray in the name of Your Majesty and Effulgence of Your

Countenance, to impose upon my heart the memorization of Your Book, as You have taught me the same, and grant

me such a manner of recitation as pleases You. 


O Allāh, the Originator of Heavens and Earth, Master of Glory and

Honor, Lord of such Majesty, the attainment of which cannot even be conceived!


O Allāh, the Most Beneficent I pray

in the name of Your Majesty and Effulgence of Your Countenance, to illumine my vision with the Light of Your Book,

bless my tongue with a flow in its reading, and through its blessing remove heaviness of my heart, open my mind,

and wash away (the sins of) my body. Certainly there is none other than You to support me in the cause of truth, and

there is none other than You that can fulfill this desire of mine. There can be no safeguard (against evil) nor any

power (over virtue) except with the help of Allāh, the Most High, the Most Great.

Robbana atiina fiddunya hasanah wa fil akhiroti hasanah wa qiina adzarbannar". 


I did the above carrying my phone to solat cos I didn't memorise sajadah n dukhaan. Both abt 3 pages. 

Anyway, check with your hifz teacher for this. 

I felt my memorisation is much swift than before. But again, all these happens with Allah's will n permission. 

Another thing... 

Whatever doubts I had about hifz, is answered in Sura Muzammil. 

It was all happening too fast for me, n I felt like a bowling ball descending down a hill. Felt I'm going to crash somewhere. So I took a break. 

(I wanted to enjoy the scenery of hifz journey but the competitive me pushed me, promising myself goals I don't want to meet, I was in conflict with myself. Who am I competing with? Why am I pushing myself so hard?) 

Anyway this break is not from memorisation but to recite in front of my teacher. Cos it felt like being in school exams weekly, stressful. 

As I regulate my pace, I felt more at peace. 

And I'm thankful. 

Alhamdulillah. 

May Allah help us all n support us in memorising n keeping them all intact with us till our last breath and may we go to the level of heaven's as per our last verse recited. Amiin. 



Popular posts from this blog

At-Taisir method : 30 days to memorise Quran

I've learnt lots from this video (below) . It's in Indonesian (Malay)... By Ustaz Adi Hidayat  I wanted to see his method in teaching his students hifz, using numbers.  1. And I learnt that those who memorise Quran are called hamilun Quran, pregnant with Quran. When we are pregnant, we take great care to ensure we eat halal, watch halal, speak Halal, listen Halal and more with our senses.  The same with Quran, when we memorised Quran, we have to take great care to ensure we are protecting Quran within us.  2. I learnt also that... to memorise Quran is not because we want to be hafiz but to memorise just because of Allah. That's it. Ikhlas. Or to be Hifz Teacher or to bring families to paradise etc.  Release all that.  Those are just bonus if Allah wants to gift to us.  https://youtu.be/AJOQrqJrSf4?si=qxI5kzKDcFJcGH3m 3. And if we have difficulty memorising the Quran, do not lose heart and assume that we are not capable but perhaps Allah wants to rewards us with more merits

Sura A'la helps to remember with God's will

 I thought, I had completed Sura Jinn hifz by now. But I'm stuck.  For whatever reasons unknown to me, I can only memorised 7 ayat. Yes it has been marinating in me for so long.  I wallow in my sappy disappointment and it didn't help much. And so I forced myself and it is worse.  And so I took a longer break from my teacher.  It feels heavy too (as taught by my teacher, I have to ignore all these as excuses to stop hifz due to syaithan) but as an energy healing coach, I have to find out is it because of the energetic vibe of every sentence and it's meaning? I'm super sensitive. And so perhaps, I need to reflect more and deeper on them.  Anyway...  My hifz teacher taught me that challenges like this can be solved by holding/placing my hand on head (for brain actually) and recite Sura Al-A'la ayat 6 for 3 times: سنقرئك فلا تنسى Hope that helps.  Also, I have issues with my heart recently.... Just heaviness n extra heart activeness whenever I'm stressful to face th

Neglected Quranic verses

​i used to be so afraid of forgetting the Quranic verses memorized that i actually slow down my pace when i was younger. Peeps wanted to complete within 1-3 years, i wanted 10-30 years. The fear of meeting up with God in the hereafter with incomplete forgotten Quranic verses and the punishments promised. Instead of getting heavenly crowns for my parents, i fear i get otherwise. (May Allah protect us all) Nevertheless, this time i resolute to do better insyaAllah with God’s guidance and permission.  This invitation is truly a gift like no other. I have shared my passion for hifz during my youths and not many want to do it. Perhaps the weight of it felt super huge and heavy for some.  From what Ive experienced, there is a fine line between heaven and hell for hifz students. For sure, we will be tested not just in hifz but in life itself and what we have memorised -how are we going to implement them in our lives? I was once a quranic teacher teaching both adults and youths the basic readi