Skip to main content

Intro -Mid life crisis or blessing?

 Assalamualaikum,

I had an old blogger website about me learning the hifz when i was in my late teen. But I have neglected it for many decades n was not able to go back to it.


And so i restart a new blog just like i restart my hifz. I didnt complete it. I only did 3 juz n along the way, life happens n i was not able to continue due to worthiness issues of me having the word of God within me.


And i fell n tumbled n got lost many times. My heart turned cold n stone until one day, after mom passed on, i accidentally chanced upon live mecca video on youtube.


I watched it for a long period of time. I felt stoic n numb. Suddenly, a huge waft of longing n missingness emerged. Tears rolled down like buckets. I desire to come home to Allah. But i felt ashamed cos of the many mistakes n sins accumulated thru-out my existence.


Later on, many miracles emerged…it felt as if God was answering me with Come home whenever u want. And somehow, a spontaneous trip Umrah was created within days. With abundance surrounding me supporting my desire to be fulfilled n i went.


The year after, i got to bring my teenagers to Umrah n Jerusalem for their virgin trip n short pilgrimage. Alhamdulillah, i realised that Allah never judges us, we do … n harshly too. 


Allah is the most compassionate thus He always gives us second chances when we seek it.


I wasnt sure what my next step was after that. I had left the Muslim community so far behind, i felt awkward returning. 


I then realised, i was surrounded by huffaz of the holy Quran. Mostly adults age 30-65. I observed a group of women hifz buddying each other in Dome of the Rock Mosque in Ramadan 2023, i felt inspired to do the same.


I made a resolution to restart my hifz but i only take action, a year after. I did revise my old hifz but i only commit to go n get a Hafizah teacher only recently this year.


It wasnt easy. It felt an abrupt change n transformation. Because i wasnt as pious or religious as I used to be. I only pray n fast, the basics of what Muslims do but not go beyond.


Part of me felt excited to restart, part of me was chaotic n throwing tantrums.and most parts, i was drenched in regrets of my past n self doubts wondering if i am worthy of being Hafizah Quran. 


It also felt like a huge responsibility.


But i knew the Almighty has invited me to this many times n as i age, i fear i dont have much time to fulfill this. Also im a single mother with 2 sons looking up to me. I felt the need to squash my fears n just do it.


I do my best to memorize because of the Almighty. As for the benefits,it’s all bonus n up to Allah if He wish to bless me n my loved ones with them. 


My worries r more on my patterns of neglect, laziness n boredom in this journey.


So as i resolute to go all the way this 1-5 years, join me in my sharings of what im experiencing in hope that u can find some light n solutions to your own hifz predicament.


Im not a scholar nor an islamic asatizah. Im just a tahfiz student aged 46


Please dont take what i shared too seriously.


if in doubt, always check with your local trusted, certified Islamic teachers n scholars.


Dont bother 2 write comments about this blog. I wont entertain them. It takes a lot of my energy to reply. Cos i read n write from heart n soul the best i can.


This is meant to share a small window, a snippet of my journey so together we can learn n unlearn.


Take the good from my sharings n share it to ur loved ones if u care. 


And…Just include me in your dua/supplication as i too will do the same for my readers. 


Forgive me for my shortcomings n mistakes.


And May Allah make ease your path to be a successful hafiz/ah in dunia and akhirat. Amiin. 


Have an amazing day!

Assalamualaikum.

Popular posts from this blog

At-Taisir method : 30 days to memorise Quran

I've learnt lots from this video (below) . It's in Indonesian (Malay)... By Ustaz Adi Hidayat  I wanted to see his method in teaching his students hifz, using numbers.  1. And I learnt that those who memorise Quran are called hamilun Quran, pregnant with Quran. When we are pregnant, we take great care to ensure we eat halal, watch halal, speak Halal, listen Halal and more with our senses.  The same with Quran, when we memorised Quran, we have to take great care to ensure we are protecting Quran within us.  2. I learnt also that... to memorise Quran is not because we want to be hafiz but to memorise just because of Allah. That's it. Ikhlas. Or to be Hifz Teacher or to bring families to paradise etc.  Release all that.  Those are just bonus if Allah wants to gift to us.  https://youtu.be/AJOQrqJrSf4?si=qxI5kzKDcFJcGH3m 3. And if we have difficulty memorising the Quran, do not lose heart and assume that we are not capable but perhaps Allah wants to rewards us with more merits

Sura A'la helps to remember with God's will

 I thought, I had completed Sura Jinn hifz by now. But I'm stuck.  For whatever reasons unknown to me, I can only memorised 7 ayat. Yes it has been marinating in me for so long.  I wallow in my sappy disappointment and it didn't help much. And so I forced myself and it is worse.  And so I took a longer break from my teacher.  It feels heavy too (as taught by my teacher, I have to ignore all these as excuses to stop hifz due to syaithan) but as an energy healing coach, I have to find out is it because of the energetic vibe of every sentence and it's meaning? I'm super sensitive. And so perhaps, I need to reflect more and deeper on them.  Anyway...  My hifz teacher taught me that challenges like this can be solved by holding/placing my hand on head (for brain actually) and recite Sura Al-A'la ayat 6 for 3 times: سنقرئك فلا تنسى Hope that helps.  Also, I have issues with my heart recently.... Just heaviness n extra heart activeness whenever I'm stressful to face th

Neglected Quranic verses

​i used to be so afraid of forgetting the Quranic verses memorized that i actually slow down my pace when i was younger. Peeps wanted to complete within 1-3 years, i wanted 10-30 years. The fear of meeting up with God in the hereafter with incomplete forgotten Quranic verses and the punishments promised. Instead of getting heavenly crowns for my parents, i fear i get otherwise. (May Allah protect us all) Nevertheless, this time i resolute to do better insyaAllah with God’s guidance and permission.  This invitation is truly a gift like no other. I have shared my passion for hifz during my youths and not many want to do it. Perhaps the weight of it felt super huge and heavy for some.  From what Ive experienced, there is a fine line between heaven and hell for hifz students. For sure, we will be tested not just in hifz but in life itself and what we have memorised -how are we going to implement them in our lives? I was once a quranic teacher teaching both adults and youths the basic readi